Conjunctions Exercises with Answers
Supply the missing conjunction.
- Employees can wear jeans, slacks, _____ skirts in the office, _____ not shorts.
- Dave held the ladder _____ Don climbed up to the roof.
- French fries are delicious; _____, they are also high in fat.
- The police did not catch the thieves, _____ did they have any suspects.
- The concert went on ____ the lead singer was sick.
- I have not played baseball ____ I broke my arm.
- My new cell phone is small ____ lightweight.
- I dropped my camera ____ I leaned out the window to take a picture.
- Writing the paper was harder ____ she had expected.
- _____ you tell me which shirt you want, _____ I will buy it for you.
- I listen to the radio ____ I am driving.
- Sensible eating ____ moderate exercise will help you lose weight.
- _____ pleading _____ threatening made any difference.
- The chair is broken, _____ I cannot offer you a seat.
- The toy store sells dolls, board games, ____ model airplanes.
- Everyone told him he would never succeed; _____, he never gave up hope.
- When she was young, my mother wanted to be a pilot ____ an archaeologist.
- The legislature repealed the law _____ it was too restrictive.
- The governor signed the bill _____ it was approved by the legislature.
- I could not decide _____ to say what I really thought ____ tell a polite lie.