Fill in the Blanks Questions For Bank
DIRECTIONS: Select the most appropriate set of words from the given choices to fill in the blanks.
- The organization takes its cue from the person on the top. I always told our business leaders their personal ___________ determined their organization’s ___________.
(a) serendipity, faux pas
(b) predilection, despair
(c) intensity, success
(d) oddity, conformity
- The Himalayas ran from east to west and cut off the cold winds from the north. This allowed agriculture to prosper and _____________ wealth, but it also ____________ barbarian invaders from the north.
(a) attracted, dissipated (b) created, attracted
(c) created, restricted (d) attracted, evicted
- Our _______________ diversity may also be of some value. Because we have always learned to live with pluralism, it is possible that we may be better prepared to _____________ the diversity of global economy.
(a) stupefying, negotiate
(b) plural, alleviate
(c) variegated, annihilate
(d) dreary, exasperate
- My inward petition was instantly _______________. First, a delightful cold wave descended over my back and under my feet, ________________ all discomfort.
(a) acknowledged, banishing
(b) repudiated, infuriating
(c) acceded, exacerbating
(d) decimated, assuaging
- Nature is ______ and unchangeable , and it is ______ as to whether its hidden reasons and ______ are ______ to man or not.
(a) relentless, indifferent, actions, understandable
(b) persistent, heartless, actions, comprehensible
(c) inexorable, apathetic, activities, explicable
(d) ineseapable, unconcerned, activities, intelligible
- Nabeesa was not_____ by the criticism and paid no_____ even when her best friend talked against her.
(a) threatened, warning (b) troubled, mind
(c) deterred, heed (d) bothered, attention
- He has a____tongue; his pinching sarcasm has______ everyone who has come into contact with him.
(a) wanton, immunised
(b) vitriolic, alienated
(c) pungent, animated
(d) recalcitaant, humanized
- Scientists, working to save the earth, have ___________ dry water that soaks carbon three times better than water, and hence helps ___________ global warming.
(a) aided, cut (b) created, combat
(c) built, stop (d) produced, increase
- The first round of the contest had the students ___________ themselves and ___________ about their hobbies.
(a) introducing, talking
(b) sensitizing, sketching
(c) showcasing, planning
(d) acclimatizing, mentioning
- The varsity’s poll process for ___________ of new candidates has ___________ poor response with only ten thousand applications being received till date.
(a) entrusting, seen (b) registration, evoked
(c) entrance, made (d) admission, made
- It is time to ________ ongoing programmes and ______ new horizons.
(a) value, choose (b) speculate, experiment
(c) reject, consider (d) assess, seek
- This approach would ________ the enormous illiteracy problem to be ________ in a holistic manner.
(a) enable, tackled (b) focus, viewed
(c) envision, dealt (d) combine, judged
- The _______ of criminalisation of politics needs to be _________ far more seriously.
(a) lacuna, dealt (b) issue, addressed
(c) system, broken (d) continuation, suppressed
- He ___________ a wrong act because it was ___________ for him to do so due to circumstantial forces.
(a) compelled, necessary
(b) refused, dangerous
(c) did, avoidable
(d) committed, inevitable
- Many teachers ___________ the lack of ___________ for leaving the job.
(a) cited, reason (b) explained, force
(c) claimed, understanding (d) argued, culprit
- Skeptics would not ___________ that the earth actually moves, let alone that it ___________ around the sun.
(a) permit, orbits (b) accept, revolves
(c) experience, circles (d) assume, went
- Unpredictable __________ of the child could not lead the consultants to any ___________.
(a) performance, setting (b) belief, judgment
(c) operation, purpose (d) behaviour, conclusion
- A public, servant who is guilty will not ___________ punishment and no ___________ person will be punished.
(a) be, sincere (b) flee, guilty
(c) defend, common (d) avoid, uninformed
- Few professions can ___________ the sheer variety and constant ___________ of being a doctor.
(a) like, struggle (b) share, enthusiast
(c) match, challenge (d) draw, work-load
- The organisation ___________ to popularise Indian classical music among the youth which has lost ___________ with its cultural roots.
(a) endeavours, touch (b) wishes, interest
(c) efforts, experience (d) exerts, intrigue