- When you want to digitalise a city __________ with millions, you don’t bet __________ the odds.
(a) proceeding, into (b) teeming, against
(c) undergoing, adhere (d) dangling, for
(e) falling, above
- The numbers __________ by the legitimate online music service providers indicate that a growing number of users are __________ to buy music.
(a) morphed, ignoring (b) labelled, thriving
(c) figured, fanatic (d) painted, interested
(e) touted, willing
- In India is __________ on protecting its resources, international business appears equally __________ to safeguard its profit.
(a) dreaded, fragile (b) stubborn, weak
(c) bent, determined (d) approaching, settled
- Brands __________ decision-simplicity strategies make full use of available information to __________ where consumers are on the path of decisions making and direct them to the best market offers.
(a) diluting, divulge (b) tempting, maintain
(c) imputing, overdrive (d) pursuing, assess
(e) employing, trust
- Lack of financing options, __________ with HR and technological __________ , make small and medium enterprises sector the most vulnerable component of our economy.
(a) except, loophole (b) coupled, challenges
(c) armed, benefits (d) registered, strategies
- ________ pollution control measures are expensive, many industries hesitate to adopt them.
(a) Although (b) However
(c) Because (d) Despite
- It is not ______________ for a man to be confined to the pursuit of wealth.
(a) healthy (b) easy
(c) possible (d) common
- ______________ his being innocent of the crime, the judge sentenced him to one year imprisonment.
(a) Inspite of (b) In case of
(c) On account of (d) In the event of
- It is a story of two men and a batch of ______________ armoured cars.
(a) deceased (b) diseased
(c) decrepit (d) defeated
- Although there is ______________ gunfire, there is no stiff resistance to the revolutionary army.
(a) bitter (b) meagre
(c) continuous (d) sporadic
- Mr. Murugan has been in this college ________ 2010.
(a) for (b) since
(c) after (d) before
- We attended a ________ discourse.
(a) spiritual (b) spirituous
(c) spirituality (d) spiritually
- The valley is known for its ________ growth of vegetation.
(a) luxurious (b) luxury
(c) luxuriant (d) luxuriously
- Satyajitray’s films ________ all barriers of caste, creed and religion. They are universal.
(a) transcend (b) transcends
(c) trancend (d) transcend
- I could hardly recognize him ________ I saw him.
(a) after (b) but
(c) and (d) when
- In an effort to provide _________ for higher education to all, most of the universities have been providing education without adequate infrastructure, thus churning out _________ graduates every year.
(a) chances, fresh
(b) platform, capable
(c) opportunities, unemployable
(d) prospects, eligible
(e) policy, incompetent
- The move to allow dumping of mercury _________ An outcry from residents of the area who _________ that high levels of mercury will affect their health and destroy ecologically sensitive forest area.
(a) resulted, insist (b) provoked, fear
(c) incited, determined (d) activated, accept
(e) angered, believe
- Even as the _________ elsewhere in the world are struggling to come out of recession, Indian consumers are splurging on consumer goods and to _________ this growth, companies
are investing heavily in various sectors.
(a) economies, meet (b) countries, inhibit
(c) governments, measure (d) nations, inflict
(e) companies, counter
- Drawing attention to the pitfalls of _________ solely on Uranium as a fuel for nuclear reactors, Indian scientists warned that Uranium will not last for long and thus research on Thorium as its must be revived _________.
(a) using, substitute
(b) believing, replacement
(c) depending, reserve
(d) reckoning, option
(e) relying, alternative
- ________ has been taken against some wholesale drug dealers for dealing in surgical items without a valid license and maintaining a stock of _________ drugs.
(a) Note, overwhelming (b) Step, impressive
(c) Execution, outdated (d) Action, expired
(e) Lawsuit, invalid
- Weather officials have __ below-normal rains this year. If the predictions come true, farm output could __ as most of India’s farmlands depend on rainwater for irrigation.
(a) forecasted, shrank (b) forecast, shrank
(c) forecast, shrink (d) predicted, expand
(e) predictions, wan
- It is the role of the state to ____ crime and protect people and property. If the state is unable to prevent a crime it falls upon the state to __ the victim.
(a) prevent, support (b) preventing, encourage
(c) prevent, supporting (d) forbid, discourage
(e) forbid, discouraging
- A person who is clean and tidy in how he dresses up commands better_________from those around him than those “who have a–and unkempt appearance_________
(a) respectful , slovenly (b) respect -, slovenly
(c) respected, untidy (d) respect, tidy
(e) respect, careful
- Today we have achieved a milestone by completing 60 years of independence. It’s now the time for everyone or every Indian to undergo_________of the achievements we already made and also those that are to be still_________
(a) self-introspection, achiever
(b) self-examination, achieve
(c) introspection, achieved
(d) search, found
(e) cross-inspection , made
- Education is an essential means of_________women with the knowledge, skills and self-confidence necessary to fully_________ in the development process.
(a) empower, include
(b) empowering, participate
(c) empowered, participating
(d) empowerment, participate
(e) strengthening, participate