Fill in the Blanks Questions For SSC
- The Chairman will come here at 5 p.m. to_____ a lecture.
(a) attain (b) speak
(c) talk (d) deliver
- Gokhale’s patriotic speeches____ people to dedicate their lives to the nation.
(a) forced (b) inspired
(c) instigated (d) prompted
- Undoubtedly, English is the most___spoken language in the world today.
(a) elaborately (b) greatly
(c) widely (d) broadly
- He has not attained the age of 18. He was, therefore, no____ to vote in this election.
(a) power (b) claim
(c) right (d) authority
- The Defence Minister said today that the Government was determined to____the accord and tulfil the legitimate aspirations of the people.
(a) implement (b) invest
(c) practise (d) perform
- The unprecedented rise in the price of gold in India, contrary to the___elsewhere in the world, is baffling the experts.
(a) outlook (b) trend
(c) cost (d) pattern
- A controversial issue was_____ by a member of the Opposition in the Assembly, but there was no time to discuss it.
(a) risen (b) raised
(c) arose (d) aroused
- Infant mortality rate in China has____ from 200 per thousand to 14 per thousand.
(a) retarded (b) declined
(c) contracted (d) minimized
- A five-year-old boy was_____ from his school on Monday last by his servant for a ransom of Rs 8, 000.
(a) driven (b) arrested
(c) escorted (d) kidnapped
- The car driver was arrested for rash driving and his licence was_____ by the police.
(a) impounded (b) prescribed
(c) suspended (d) penalized
- When people around you are losing their heads, it is very difficult to remain serene. It needs a lot of____.
(a) patience (b) strength
(c) courage (d) goodness
- He has already made up his mind on this issue. Now it is____ to argue with him.
(a) sympathetic (b) vague
(c) futile (d) contradictory
- It is not fair to cast___on honest and innocent persons.
(a) aspirations (b) aspersions
(c) inspiration (d) adulation
- The audience____ at the end of drama.
(a) applauded (b) appraised
(c) exploded (d) appreciated
- The last____ were performed before the body was cremated.
(a) rites (b) writes
(c) rights (d) withers
- Although I was _________ of his plans, I encouraged him, because there was no one else who was willing to help.
(a) sceptical (b) remorseful
(c) fearful (d) excited
- You have no business to _________ pain on a weak and poor person.
(a) inflict (b) put
(c) direct (d) force
- Her uncle died in a car accident. He was quite rich. She suddenly _________ all her uncle’s money.
(a) succeeded (b) caught
(c) gave (d) inherited
- Your present statement does not _________ what you said last week.
(a) accord to (b) accord in
(c) accord with (d) accord for
- I had a vague _________ that the lady originally belonged to Scotland.
(a) notion (b) expression
(c) imagination (d) theory