- Happiness consists in being _________what we have?
(a) contented to (b) contented with
(c) contented for (d) contented in
- His rude behaviour is a _________ his organisation.
(a) disgrace for (b) disgrace on
(c) disgrace upon (d) disgrace to
- No child is _________ understanding. One has to wait and provide proper guidance.
(a) dull to (b) dull in
(c) dull of (d) dull for
- I am fully _________ the problems facing the industry.
(a) alive with (b) alive to
(c) alive for (d) alive on
- Among the factors_____ to the low productivity in agriculture, the first place is occupied by irregular water supply.
(a) producing (b) showing
(c) resulting (d) contributing
- The two brothers look so_____ that it is difficult to tell one from the other.
(a) identical (b) same
(c) similar (d) resembling
- His most striking _____ is the enthusiasm which he brings to everything he does.
(a) factor (b) attitude
(c) characteristic (d) character
- Though fond of many acquaintances, I desire_____ only with a few.
(a) introduction (b) cordiality
(c) intimacy (d) encounter
- The Director pointed out in favour of the manager that the profitability of the plant had _____ since he had taken over.
(a) arisen (b) increased
(c) developed (d) declined
- He became the Governor of a Province_____.
(a) by and large
(b) in the course of time
(c) at times
(d) little by little
- His answer was such______ I expected him to give.
(a) that (b) which
(c) as (d) like which
- Opinions concerning him had remained nearly ____, his daily habits had presented scarcely any visible change.
(a) static (b) biased
(c) limpid (d) stationary
- The speaker did not properly use the time as he went on_______ on one point alone.
(a) devoting (b) deliberating
(c) diluting (d) distributing
- After a short holiday Rajni came back totally_______.
(a) rejuvenated (b) reborn
(c) refurbished (d) revamped
- I had not expected to meet him; it was quite an ______ meeting.
(a) organised (b) intentional
(c) undesirable (d) accidental
- The window of our room ____ he rear.
(a) overlooks (b) opens
(c) opposes (d) adjoins
- The final electoral rolls have been intensively revised through house-to-house_____.
(a) documentation (b) categorisation
(c) enumeration (d) investigation
- Mountaineering institutes___to the young climbers the technical knowledge which has been accumulated over the years.
(a) impart (b) indicate
(c) apply (d) help
- In his address to the teachers, the Vice-Chancellor____ certain measures being taken for improving the quality of college education.
(a) declined (b) directed
(c) advised (d) highlighted
- The President today______ the committee with the induction of the five new general secretaries in place of those dropped.
(a) reconstituted (b) reviewed
(c) formed (d) enlarged