Pronoun Errors Exercise
For each sentence, select the correct case for the pronoun.
- We/us selected a finalist from among the candidates.
- They/them called she/her into the meeting.
- The situation created problems for she/her and I/me.
- Antonio will meet Sarah and I/me at the club.
- They/them were unsure whether it had been she/her who made the donation.
- If you see she/her, tell she/her that Martin and I/me will be late.
- I/me gave they/them the message from she/her.
- We/us beginners need more help from you.
- Min and she/her have been friends for many years.
- It was I/me in the disguise.
- Will they/them tell we/us when they/them want we/us to begin?
- Give this box to he/him.
- My professor asked me to do some work for he/him and his wife.
- She/her asked we/us if we/us could be quieter.
For each sentence, identify any pronouns and their antecedents.
- The children asked their teacher if they could stay outside, but he told them to come in for class.
- Starting a new business was difficult, but the Singletons were always sure they could do it.
- My son encouraged me to go back to college when he enrolled for his Master’s degree so that we could study together.
For each sentence, supply the correct pronouns for the antecedent(s).
- If Julie comes, tell _____ that I need to see _____ right away.
- Terry and his brother are both tall, but _____ are not as tall as Mike.
- I bought a music box, but _____ broke when my sister dropped _____.
- The homeowner and the contractor signed a document in which_________agreed on the price for the construction work.
- Larry or Jane will have to lend me __________ phone because I did not bring mine.
Supply the correct demonstrative pronoun or adjective.
- How do you turn _____ machine on?
- _____ car has low mileage, but _____ one is less expensive.
- _____ are the sweetest oranges I ever tasted.
- Many of _____ people had never met each other before.
- Are _____ the right tools for the job?
- If you take _____ road, watch out for the potholes.
- Which photograph should we use for the brochure, _____ or _____?
Chose the correct construction.
- I always wanted to have that kind/those kinds of dog.
- This sort/Those sorts of problems usually solve/solves themselves.
- If you find that kind/those kinds of hat, please buy me one.